The Weeknd says he owns all his music and he is already back in the studio working on more than music despite having the No. one album "Starboy" out now.

The Canadian-Ethiopian R&B singer covers Billboard magazine new effect. In his spread he opened upwards about working on new music, as well as, owning the rights to his recordings despite having a major label deal.

"My deal with the label is pretty much a partnership, it'southward similar a ­distribution deal," The Weeknd said. "But you know they're my label, they're my ­partners, they ride for me. They actually respect me as an artist. My sh*t is all mine. I ain all my music."

The "Starboy" vocalizer besides opened up about his recording process telling the mag that he is already in the studio working on new music. His new album debut at No. one on Billboard 200 album chart simply seems his next projection is already in the making.

"I accept ideas and songs that I want to exit of my head," Weeknd said. "I wanted to drop Starboy as soon every bit ­possible [later Beauty Behind The Madness] just to show that this is what I honey doing: making music … Information technology'south very natural, very existent."

The Weeknd will be going on bout for his "Starboy: Legend of the Fall" bout starting in Vancouver on April 25. He volition be performing across North America before heading to Europe for the summer.